There are a number of State Benefits available to sufferers of asbestos-related diseases and their families.
The State Benefits available to sufferers of asbestos-related diseases and their families include:
– You or your relatives may be entitled to a lump sum from the government under the Pneumoconiosis etc. (Workers’ Compensation) Act 1979 or the 2008 Diffuse Mesothelioma scheme.
– If you develop mesothelioma as a result of contact with asbestos in your job, you may be entitled to Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit (even if you are now retired).
– If you need help with personal care or have difficulty getting around because of your illness, you may be entitled to claim Disability Living Allowance, as long as you are under the age of 65 when you claim.
– If you are in receipt of Attendance Allowance or certain rates of Disability Living Allowance and have someone helping to look after you for 35 hours or more a week, then that person may be entitled to claim Carer’s Allowance.
– If you were exposed to asbestos while you were serving in the armed forces, you can make a claim for a War Disablement Pension from the Veterans Agency.
– If you are over 65 and need help with personal care because of your illness, you can claim Attendance Allowance.
Click here to find out how much compensation you could receive.
Very good service, I would definitely use again and recommend to others!
We can advise you about your possible personal injury claim for compensation. We offer a fully insurance protected No Win No Fee conditional fee agreement and will explain best options available for funding your claim.
We will investigate your case quickly and help you concerning your entitlement to compensation and assistance. If possible we will obtain an interim payment of damages for you.
To find out more, call 01473 298125 or complete our online enquiry form.
• Gotelee Solicitors support the work of Cancer Campaign in Suffolk and recommend any sufferers to make contact with the charity as soon as possible where they will find invaluable help and support.
More than half a million older people are abused in the UK every year. It’s a ...Read Article
"Domini was very fast and efficient in carrying out her work for me - she was also very good at explaining things to me"
"I don't think this house sale would have pulled together without Jo's determination and expertise. Excellent!"
"We found Rachel Dawson outstanding, polite, professional and caring."
"I would like to say thank you for your help, support and guidance over the last two and a half years. Obviously should I need further assistance in the future I shall not hesitate to call you guys."
"I have used Tracey Laflin at Gotelee on a number of occasions and in my opinion, she is simply the most efficient conveyancing solicitor I have ever worked with. From the outset, she took the time to understand my specific business requirements and to date, she has exceeded all of my expectations."
- Dale Fiddy - Portobello Developments Ltd
"Jade Shelton was absolutely fantastic!! Professional and proactive at all times."
"Jade made the process of buying our first home quick, easy and took the stress out of a new chapter of our lives"
"Approachable, very efficient, always willing to take my calls and update me."
"Prompt, helpful, polite and very professional service"
"The ease that we could access and speak to Pat Smith - Thank you"